The Area LOUIE Linen Bedding, an end-on-end (fil à fil, or thread-to-thread) pure linen weave, has a casually informal air that is both classically familiar and new. Light and dark colored threads alternate in the weaving process to create a subtle pattern that reads as a solid from afar.
• Fil à fil weaving is often used for the finest men’s dress shirts, but here formality is replaced with a very breathable, pre-washed, deeply exhaled look and luxuriously cool, soft feel.
• All AREA items can be machine washed except for the wool blankets, linen quilts and printed linen pillows.
• Wash bedding before use in warm or cold water on the regular or gentle cycle.
• Wash bedding separately from other laundry (separating light and dark colors).
• Wash cotton blankets separately to avoid shedding on other bedding. Remove damp bedding promptly from the washer and shake out before drying to reduce wrinkling.
• Do not use softeners, it is not needed.
• Tumble dry on low or medium heat and be careful not to over-dry.
• Over-drying makes fabrics brittle and causes shrinking and wrinkling.
• Remove from dryer when slightly damp to avoid excess wrinkling.
• Do not use dryer sheets. Empty the lint filter before drying, especially with blankets.
Kaufmann Mercantile is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to Kaufmann Mercantile, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Support Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: