We explore how creativity may peak after nightfall, feeding our artistic spirits and our imaginations
• We travel to Berlin, New York and London to see how three individuals' practices are interwoven into their cities' unique nighttime cultures
• We look at how the invention of the electric light has shaped culture and allowed us the freedom to lead lives outside of daylight hours
• We visit Penny Harms, a passionate individual who has dedicated her life to nurturing exotic flora
• We look at nocturnal organisms that have evolved to co-exist – pollinators and flora that rely on each other to survive
• Delving into the nocturnal worlds of biological illumination – bioluminescence and biofluorescence.
• We investigate the luminous fauna that light up our oceans and their little understood language of light
• Expert David Gruber explains the importance of documenting these luminous fauna to encourage conservation efforts
• We discuss how bioluminescence is being used in the lab and the possible ethical questions needing to be asked
• We question and explore why meteorites fascinate mankind
• We step out onto the East Antarctic Icesheet to scour for meteorites, so we may learn the secrets of the universe
• Sound design can manipulate and influence our intrinsic reactions and we learn how sound designers interweave narratives into soundtracks
120 inside pages, advertisment free
200mm x 265mm
300gsm matte laminate cover
140gsm inside pages
Printed on Edixion Challenger FSC
Euro Eco-label paper
Kaufmann Mercantile is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to Kaufmann Mercantile, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Support Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: