Crafted from bright, polished pewter that doesn’t taint the sweet taste of booze, these flasks are made in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England.
Fill the flask using a funnel or a steady hand. Hand wash with soap and hot water and dry with a soft cloth. Don't put it in the dishwasher. Pewter will keep its shine with minimal maintenance. It doesn't tarnish like silver, but if it does start to dull, rub it with a bit of standard metal polish using straight line strokes (not circular).
A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the bronze age and preceded glass, porcelain, and plastic as the household material of choice. While fewer dinner plates are made of pewter now, it is still a classic material for flasks. These flasks contain a minimum of 92% tin. Tin doesn't oxidize in air easily (it is often used as an anti-corrosive coating for other metals) and is favored for food and drink because of its low toxicity. Because of tin's malleability, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony. (Lead was phased out of pewter many decades ago.)
Truthfully, a flask isn’t about being discrete. If you really need to disguise your drinking, fill up a can of Pepsi with rum (and don’t forget your fake ID at home). A flask is subtle, but it’s an assertion nonetheless that there’s nothing salacious or vulgar about a few sips of drink. The Wentworth flask is compact enough to fit in a coat pocket or a handbag, but the curved shape makes it nicely suited for the breast pocket of a sport coat. Looks especially dapper in the hands of a groomsman.
• Captive screw top
• Handmade in England
• Stamped with seal of authenticity
• Dimensions of 4-oz size: 3.74'' H x 3.14'' W x 0.79'' D (95 mm x 80 mm x 20 mm)
• Dimensions of 6-oz size: 4.33'' H x 3.35'' W x 0.98'' D (110 mm x 85 mm x 25 mm)
Kaufmann Mercantile is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to Kaufmann Mercantile, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it. No questions asked.
Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: