This cold brew coffee set features a reusable cotton filter, which reduces the costs and materials associated with traditional disposable paper filters. The kit comes with a handmade, 100% organic, untreated cotton filter, specially shaped to optimize brewing within the Mason jar. If used daily, the reusable cotton filter should last nine months to a year before it needs replacing.
Preshrinking the filter before using:
Boil new filters in fresh water for 10 minutes to pre-shrink before first use. Filters will continue to shrink slightly for the next few uses and will produce best quality brew from then on.
Reusable cotton filter should last for nine months to a year with regular use. Replace filters when richness of brew begins to decrease.
To make cold brew coffee:
1. Place cotton filter inside the Mason jar, wrapping the mouth of the filter snugly over the jar opening. Add 6 ounces to 1¾ cups of freshly ground coffee (medium to course grind) to the reusable cotton filter.
2. Bloom to start (wet grounds thoroughly and let sit for 60 seconds).
3. Twist neck of filter, and wrap tie string around neck a few times, then slip neck of filter through glass ring.
4. Fill jar with cold water and allow to soak overnight in refrigerator anywhere from 12-18 hours.
5. Remove filter and rest in mouth of jar to fully drain.
6. Top off cold brew jar with fresh water to desired brew strength.
Inspired by homemade cotton coffee filters during their travels in Costa Rica, Corina and Robert Guillory began testing and experimenting with their own versions once they returned home to Austin, Texas. After much research and testing, they eventually developed a Chemex compatible model. Since then, they have produced many different types and shapes of coffee filters to fit various brewing methods.
Cold brew kit with reusable coffee filter and glass Mason jar. Hand-sewn from 100% organically grown, untreated cotton, the filter is specially cut and shaped to fit snugly over the jar’s rim. Comes in 32 ounce and 64 ounce sizes. Made in the U.S.
32 ounces (1 litre)
3.4 inches wide x 6 ½ inches high
64 ounces (1.89 litre)
3.4 inches wide x 9.5 inches high
Cotton pouch: 12 inches deep (30.4 cm)
100% organic cotton
Kaufmann Mercantile is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to Kaufmann Mercantile, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: