why this product

We asked the makers of these pewter tags to engrave the names of different liquors (vodka, gin, scotch, whiskey, bourbon and brandy) for easy identification when it’s time to pour a drink for you or a friend. Add your own favorite spirit into the mix – or perhaps the name of a vineyard or distillery – with our blank pewter tag, which is available for engraving. All come with silver-plated chain.

Our pewter decanter tags are made in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England. Arthur Richard Wentworth, a pewtersmith, founded the company in 1949.

use & care

Hand wash with soap and hot water and dry with a soft cloth. Don't put in the dishwasher.? Pewter will keep its shine with minimal maintenance. It doesn't tarnish like silver, but if it does start to dull, rub it with a bit of standard metal polish using straight (not circular) line strokes.

production & design

A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the Bronze Age and preceded glass, porcelain and plastic as the household material of choice. These tags contain a minimum of 92% tin. Tin doesn't oxidize in air easily (it is often used as an anti-corrosive coating for other metals), and is favored for food and drink because of its low toxicity. Because of tin's malleability, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony. (Lead was phased out of pewter many decades ago.) 

about the designer

Pewter Decanter Tags

Kaufmann Mercantile from New York, NY
All options are required.
This item is currently not available.
Sorry, this combination is not available.

Cast pewter tags with silver-plated chain engraved with the names of different liquors – vodka, gin, scotch, whiskey, bourbon, brandy. Also comes in a blank, engravable version. Each tag sold separately.

More Details

  • Technical Specifications:


    Made in
    Great Britain

  • Restrictions: Promotions cannot be applied to this product.
  • Product Dimensions: H 1.0 Inches x W 1.0 Inches x L 1.0 Inches
  • Product Code: V176000282979

Shipping & Returns

  • This item ships directly from Kaufmann Mercantile in Columbus, OH
  • Item is ready to ship in 2 Business Day(s). Delivery date will vary depending on your shipping address.
  • International orders may experience possible delays and take longer to arrive.
  • We accept complimentary returns within 30 days of receipt if the item is unused and in original condition.
Kaufmann Mercantile Guarantee

Kaufmann Mercantile is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.

Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to Kaufmann Mercantile, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.

If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.

Our dedicated Support Team is here to help. Reach out any time at:

Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm EST
Have questions? We're here to help
Just Added
Just Added