Truthfully, a flask isn’t about discretion. If you really need to disguise your drinking, fill up a can of Pepsi with rum (and don’t forget your fake ID at home).
A flask is subtle, but it’s an assertion nonetheless that there’s nothing salacious or vulgar about a few sips of drink. Take out a flask and everyone knows what’s in there, but it also says that you take alcohol seriously, as something meant to be enjoyed and passed around.
These flasks are made in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England. Arthur Richard Wentworth, a pewtersmith, founded the company in 1949. Because pewter is part of Sheffield’s steel-making heritage, these flasks are stamped with seals of authenticity and association: the coat of arms of Sheffield, minimum tin content (92%), the Pewter Craftsmen trade guild stamp, and Wentworth’s initials.
The Wentworth flask is compact enough to fit in a coat pocket or a handbag, but the curved shape makes it nicely suited for the breast pocket of a sport coat. Looks especially dapper in the hands of a groomsman. The flask comes in two sizes: 4 or 6 ounces.
Fill the flask using a funnel or a steady hand. Hand wash with soap and hot water and dry with a soft cloth. Don't put it in the dishwasher.
Pewter will keep its shine with minimal maintenance. It doesn't tarnish like silver, but if it does start to dull, rub it with a bit of standard metal polish using straight line strokes (not circular).
Use our pewter flask funnel with your flask, to prevent loss of liquor when filling.
A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the bronze age and preceded glass, porcelain and plastic as the household material of choice. While fewer dinner plates are made of pewter now, it is still the classic material of flasks.
These flasks contain a minimum of 92% tin. Tin doesn't oxidize in air easily (it is often used as an anti-corrosive coating for other metals), and is favored for food and drink because of it's low toxicity. Because of tin's malleability, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony. (Lead was phased out of pewter many decades ago.)
Pocket-sized 4- or 6-ounce flask with a captive screw top. Bright polished pewter doesn't taint the sweet taste of booze. Handmade in Sheffield, England. Pictured with Pewter Flask Funnel. See also our ladies' Pewter Purse Flask.
4 fl oz (118 ml) flask
6 fl oz (177 ml) flask
4 fl oz: H 3.74'' x W 3.14'' x D 0.79''
(H 95 mm x W 80 mm x D 20 mm)
6 fl oz: H 4.33'' x W 3.35'' x D 0.98''
(H 110 mm x W 85 mm x D 25 mm)
Kaufmann Mercantile is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to Kaufmann Mercantile, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Support Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: